THE LAND ANNEXATIONS 1898-1925
THE CLAIM SIGNS
The claim signs
The Spitsbergen Coal and Trading Company
The English company, “The Spitsbergen Coal and Trading Company”, started mining in Advent City. The operation ended after only a few years and all the machines and buildings were moved to Hiorthamn where another company, AS De Norske Kulfelter Spitsbergen, was situated. Later on, this area was sold to De Norske Kulfelter A/S, and today it belongs to the Horn family.